Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Just wanted to do a quick update on the garden.  Here's how my favorite bed is looking these days:






I planted some new plants!

Oakleaf Hydrangea, hooray!  Also added a Bottlebrush Shrub, although it and the Virginia Sweetspire are not looking great - a bad drought while I was on vacation may have REALLY hurt these plants.  It is not looking good.

I haven't planted it yet, but I got the Crepe Myrtle (Hopi) for the side yard, FINALLY. Its looking great, and is a

Also planted some Sunflower seeds today and 4 o'clocks. We'll see if they come up....

We had a harsh winter and I lost quite a few plants - my other David Austen 'Graham Thomas' looks like it may have croaked, and I lost one of my potted hydrangeas.  The pineapple sage did not overwinter this year although i have no idea how it ever overwintered before. Also, the plumeria's are just starting to bloom and are looking nice this year, except I'm a little worried about some white stuff I'm seeing. Hope its not fungus. Oh and both hibiscus were absolutely skeletonized this year - I'm guessing caterpillars but I never saw the culprit.

No comments:

Post a Comment