Here are my gardening goals for 2014:
- Buy an Oakleaf Hydrangea. I've been wanting one for years, and have dropped the ball over and over. No more!
- Move my Irises to their new bed
- And plant the daylillies
- plant a Crepe Myrtle by the window. This one I have been paralyzed by for so long, which is ridiculous, but I really want a myrtle that ticks all the boxes - great fall color, colorful blooms, good winter interest on the bark, and under 6 feet wide. I get stymied looking at all the gazillions of cultivars and then don't buy anything.
- Pink Perfection Camelia, I'm also tired of wanting one for myself and not having one...
- The biggest one ... start gardening in my front yard. I am not sure that I will be be brave enough to try that next year. My backyard looks ok, not amazing, and the front yard is even more intimidating to work in. I've wanted to created big sweeping beds in the front yard for a long while now, and its not happened yet.. Will 2014 be different? Probably not.... but I really do want to start working there, so we will see.